Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

And I thought it was a stick and a string...

While wandering the vast corridors of the internet I stumbled upon this video from 2010. It is a computer model of an Olympic recurve that has been animated to demonstrate how the various parts of the bow work. So for those of you who don't know what I do with archery, or think I'm just playing with a stick and string, take a gander at this clip. Incidentally, I currently shoot a Hoyt AeroTec (the riser used for the video) so I'm naturally a fan. Also of note, later in the video the animators demonstrate the flexing of an arrow when shot. Very informative and proof as to why a properly spined arrow is so critical.

Huge props to the animators:
Evan Atherton
Daniel Pfaff
Sargam Tyagi


No comments:

Post a Comment