Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Prologue

So before we jump in to the good stuff lets have a quick recap to summarize where I've been and where I'm going. That way my training notes and other content will make sense.


While I had shot before on a very very very informal and recreational level, my archery career really began about two years ago (2011) when I made the personal commitment to train seriously and begin competing. I began with a compound in one hand and a FITA/Olympic recurve in the other (figuratively speaking) but quickly learned that I had to narrow my focus. So I chose compound and trained for a year and a half in that discipline.

My first target compound bow

Then, during the Spring of 2013; despite my very solid score record, I inexplicably decided to jump disciplines and return to FITA/Olympic recurve. As ridiculous as it sounds to change disciplines so abruptly (especially right at the beginning of Field/Outdoor season), I have found cross training to be a huge benefit.

2012 Presley's Midwest Open

Now looking forward to the future I am perfecting my FITA/Olympic recurve technique for the 2013 indoor season and working on my wind management skills for (outdoor) Field rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment