Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Review: Toxonics Double Lock

Ok, so this isn't exactly a review of a single product, it's more like an object lesson in financial responsibility.

Thanks to clever marketing and human nature it's very easy to get sucked into the trap of "increased accuracy through aggressive spending". I've been there trust me, I used to own 8 different bows. And really, having a ton of equipment isn't necessarily a bad thing but you don't have to have every new gadget and gimmick that rolls off the assembly line.

This will be a recurring theme when I talk about equipment, and I'll attack it from several different angles, but tonight I'll be discussing used equipment...

First, as a matter of full disclosure, I do own a nice sure-loc sight that is less than 5 years old and I have bought sights new from the factory.

Exhibit A: My trusty Toxonics Double lock (I think) Sight


I bought this sight off of ebay back when I first started shooting seriously and it hails from an age before Spongebob Squarepants (early to mid 1990's). It's not exactly pretty but it's built like a tank and has been on about six different bows that I've owned. I paid $30 plus shipping which is a huge amount of savings over buying new. 

In fact, most of my equipment is used. For those on a budget, you can often get intermediate or advanced level equipment for the price of basic if you're willing to forgo the shiny factory packaging. 

...Just don't buy used kisser buttons... that's just gross

No comments:

Post a Comment