Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Simple Genius, the pitch counter

Pitch counters are a fairly common sight on the shooting line. Usually attached to the archer's quiver, they're typically used to keep track of the number of shots during a given practice session. I even used one for several months, that is, until it broke from use haha.

However, during the Pekin Archery Club's Spring Opener I stumbled across an alternate use that was so simple and so genius I had a brief mind blown moment. Fellow shooter Steve uses it to avoid having to do the messy math to tabulate scores post round. Simply, for each point dropped (shots sent anywhere but the max scoring circle) a point(s) is added to the counter. At the end of the round that total is simply deducted from the known max number of point.

And I thought I had it figured out with my +/- system.

No comments:

Post a Comment